Want to write for Ollapp.com?We're looking for writers to contribute to our upcoming mobile apps reviews blog.
If you're passionate about technology and mobile apps - we'd love to hear from you!
Contact us at email@example.com.
PitchLab Pro - Chromatic Tuner for iPhone
No adverts, no cost; full functionality is 100% free.
Unique features help you work out the chords to new tunes or visualize the pitch and consistency of the human voice, violin or other instrument. Answers the questions "what notes am I humming", "what are those chords", "am I hitting all the notes in tune", "is my vibrato consistent" etc. Select from a list of preset tuning temperaments or quickly create and manage your own using the built-in temperament editor.
Five separate visualization modes:
1) Dial & Strobe: Combination dial tuner and innovative linear strobe for rapid and extremely accurate hands-free instrument tuning (this linear strobe indicator is a genuine implementation of the strobe-tuner concept, not a decorative imitation).
2) Chromatic Dials: 12-way simultaneous display, with a separate dial tuner for each of the 12 notes in the chromatic scale, to visualize multiple voiced notes or chords.
3) Chromatic Tiles: 12-way simultaneous display of the notes in the chromatic scale, optimized for the visualization of rapid note/pitch changes (e.g. vibrato, arpeggio, portamento, glissando etc).
4) Spectrogram: Scrolling display of live sound analysis, showing the polyphonic perceived pitch of a wide range of sound types (including human voices and singing).
5) Chords: Grid-based estimation display of common chord types (maj/min, maj7/min7, dom7/dim7), ideal for quickly determining the 'strum along' chords for a tune where the chords are reasonably clear.
These visualization modes are easily accessed by swiping the screen left/right or by pressing & holding the tuner display to get a pop-up view selection menu.
User-selectable options (accessed via the MENU button or the pop-up view selection menu):
1) Sample Rate: Choose an input sample rate that fits your tuning requirements and is compatible with your device and cpu speed (if the tuning displays respond slowly on an older device, try reducing the sample rate from 44khz to 22khz).
2) Analysis Rate: Choose a signal-processing analysis rate that works best with your cpu speed and battery life requirements.
3) A4 Reference: Specify the frequency (in hz) of the A4 reference note.
4) Preset Temperament: Choose from a list of common, built-in tuning temperaments (Equal, Kirnberger, Meantone, Pythagorean etc).
5) Custom Temperament: Create, edit or select up to 100 of your own custom temperaments using the built-in temperament editor.
This is a brand new app and should be regarded as a beta/compatibility release; please rate or review, check for updates regularly and email firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues for quick resolution. A big thanks is due to all those users who have taken the time to report issues so that I get a chance to fix them and to the Android developers I know who have helped with programming advice and device compatibility testing.
When reporting a crash, performance problem or other issue, please include the following information:
1) The app version you were running (e.g. 1.0.0, 1.0.1 etc)
2) Your device type and Android version (e.g. Froyo/Gingerbread, modded/unmodded, rooted/unrooted etc).
3) If the app had previously worked for you or not (e.g. was this your first attempt to use it, did it work until a recent update, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc).
4) What you were doing immediately before the app had problems (e.g. did it freeze when you first ran it or did it freeze after changing a particular option).
5) The frequency of the problem (e.g. does it freeze all the time or just occasionally).
Known working devices:
ZTE Libra (Froyo)
ZTE Skate (Gingerbread)
Samsung GT-I5510 (Froyo)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (Gingerbread)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Samsung Galaxy Tab (Gingerbread)
Transformer Prime (Ice Cream Sandwich)
HTC Legend (Unknown)
HTC Hero (Eclair)