Want to write for Ollapp.com?We're looking for writers to contribute to our upcoming mobile apps reviews blog.
If you're passionate about technology and mobile apps - we'd love to hear from you!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FoxFi for Windows Phone
You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have.
*Sprint has removed FoxFi from Market. Sprint users please install or upgrade from http://foxfi.com/bin, or scan the QR code in the third screenshot.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a "repair" on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.